Injured 6mth Silkie Roo - Possible slipped tendon? Is it too late?

So sorry that he is no better. Have you gotten any results from the necropsy from the state vet? You might try to call them, which might help to know what to do about Motley. Vets are so expensive, and sometimes they don’t always have a lot of knowledge about chickens. I can’t remember if I have mentioned the vetdna website where you can send blood serum in to them for a $20 Mareks test. Your vet might be helpful with drawing blood, but you may be able to do it yourself at home for less money. Here is the website to contact them in TX for the details:
http://www.vetdna.com/application/forms/aviansubmittalform.pdf

Also. DH had me cancel the necropsy. He heard some stories about how people get their flocks taken over by the state and it freaked him out. He was worried about the results. Now I’m really upset because we would know by now. 💔

He hops on one leg holding the lifeless right leg up it seems. Poor fellow. The Vetdna lab is completely private and they would deal only with you. Mareks is not a reportable disease, as are some of the respiratory diseases. Kentucky seems to be a little more difficult to deal with in necropsies, and some reportable diseases can make it hard on an owner to keep their privacy. Some states make it so much easier to get a necropsy to know what is going on, without creating hassles.

He hops on one leg holding the lifeless right leg up it seems. Poor fellow. The Vetdna lab is completely private and they would deal only with you. Mareks is not a reportable disease, as are some of the respiratory diseases. Kentucky seems to be a little more difficult to deal with in necropsies, and some reportable diseases can make it hard on an owner to keep their privacy. Some states make it so much easier to get a necropsy to know what is going on, without creating hassles.

I’m waiting at the vet now. Poor guy is fiesta but he just looks bad. 💔😭

Ok!! Update on my boy!! Nothing broken!! 🎉🙌🏼🎉🙌🏼 Vet is sure that it’s a very bad soft tissue/ligament injury. We are trying some nsaids for a couple weeks and we will see how that works. He said only time on the nsaids will tel us if it’s repairable or not. He also said he does have a small case of dry fowl pox but it doesn’t look to be too bad and it should go away in less than a month!
So we are super hopeful!! He’s pretty lively lol

and @esme13 my bantam Cochin rooster hopped on him like a crazy dude. 🤦🏻‍♀️

Ok!! Update on my boy!! Nothing broken!! 🎉🙌🏼🎉🙌🏼 Vet is sure that it’s a very bad soft tissue/ligament injury. We are trying some nsaids for a couple weeks and we will see how that works. He said only time on the nsaids will tel us if it’s repairable or not. He also said he does have a small case of dry fowl pox but it doesn’t look to be too bad and it should go away in less than a month!
So we are super hopeful!! He’s pretty lively lol

and @esme13 my bantam Cochin rooster hopped on him like a crazy dude. 🤦🏻‍♀️

Aw, I’m glad he has a chance and I am defiantly hoping for the best out come for him and you. Do you have a place you can give him so no one pounces on him? It’s very normal for Another rooster or hen, to pick on the weak. They take advantage of injuries or sick.

Back
Top Bottom