Injured chick! Help!

Unfortunately, some of the babies just don't make it. Sounds bad if the neck is bent in the wrong direction. Give it some space away from the other chicks stepping on it and see what happens.

So sorry to here that. I got my chickens from my teacher when we hatched them and they didn't hatch until 3 days after date. The last day we were going to keep them I the incubator one hatched and soon after the others hatched the next day or over night but the one that hatched first didn't make it. I got the rest thought why are older now. I got them a day old.

Thought I would let all parties see the sweet chick growing up and healing nicely. :) I'm not sure but I think I might have a roo.

Attachments

• IMG_6699.JPG
    IMG_6699.JPG
    515.6 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_6705.JPG
    IMG_6705.JPG
    670.6 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_6706.JPG
    IMG_6706.JPG
    818.5 KB · Views: 12
Thought I would let all parties see the sweet chick growing up and healing nicely. :) I'm not sure but I think I might have a roo.
Wonderful news about your sweet chick!
The same thing just happened to one of my chicks. I'm wondering when or if I should give her back to her momma. What did you end up doing with yours?

I'm sorry I'm just now responding! She never went back ;(. She was from a transplanted egg with two Broodies. The one who hatched her was lower on the pecking order and the other hen did not like that baby chick at all. Still doesn't. Thankfully he is a rooster and will not be a part of our flock or I would have some really difficult integration to deal with. At this time, the younger chick grazes in the yard around the run so they won't bully him and at night he is caged up in the garage.

Back
Top Bottom