Injured chicken

I never anticipated how much I would get out of having chickens. They are so interesting. Caring for them on a daily basis really makes you watch, learn and appreciate all of their dynamics.
I’m so glad she pulled through for you. Birds are tough to doctor. They hide stuff so well and they are both super tough and super delicate in equal parts.

Good morning.
Thanx for asking. My little chicken is alive and doing well. Boy I gotta tell you I thought she was going to die. I sat with her for three days holding crying and caring for her. On the third day she was eating some drinking water and sitting up in a ring I made from towels to hold her up. On day four she was walking some but was a little tipsy. Day five we added on to the coupe so she could have her own private space but still be able to see her friends. When we went up the next morning to let the chicken out to roam we went in to check on her and she wasn’t in her area. We couldn’t believe it. Where did she go? So out we go and started to count them and there she was in with her clutch mates. She got over a 5 foot fence in the night to get in with the other chickens. Long story short. She is doing great. I can’t believe that this little chicken is alive and well. We have 8 hens and 2 roosters. This is our first time with chickens and I gotta tell you I never ever thought they could be so entertaining and nosey. They follow us around like we’re their part of their little flock.
Thank you so much for asking
AWESOME!!!

I never anticipated how much I would get out of having chickens. They are so interesting. Caring for them on a daily basis really makes you watch, learn and appreciate all of their dynamics.
I’m so glad she pulled through for you. Birds are tough to doctor. They hide stuff so well and they are both super tough and super delicate in equal parts.

Thanx for caring about this little girlie. Ye they truly a unique animal. I think these guys believe were their family. Where ever we are they are. When I’m talking to them and they tip their little heads to look me straight in the eye I almost melt. Every days is another adventure and learning curve. These little guys really brighten my day.

Back
Top Bottom