Injured comb

cfreeman

Hatching
8 Years
Nov 10, 2011
My roosters 'favorite' hen has been injured a couple of times by the rooster grabbing onto her comb while... This seems to be an ongoing problem and obviously, it's not good for her health. I've thought about making or finding some kind of hood for her but don't imagine it would stay on long. I'm a relative newbie so any thoughts or ideas would be appreciated!
Thanks

Quote:
welcome-byc.gif
Not sure if they make such a thing either but I noticed our boy grabbing one of his ladies the same way today. Normally he grabs the neck but after he latched on to her comb he fell over so I took that as her revenge.
tongue2.gif
But on a serious note hopefully someone will comment that knows if there is such a thing as a hood that is made.

Cannot answer your question about a hood. However I've had the same problem, 3 pullets injured in one week. two on the comb and the other right on the eye. If it continues I will be getting rid of the rooster.

I hope I don't have to get rid of my rooster! I'm hoping to propagate my next generation in my own coop!

Back
Top Bottom