Injured Duck

He could probably work his way up, but yes, it will take time and courage. He’ll have to start fighting back. :old

Until that happens, i'll keep my eye on him and try and make sure they don't hurt him. Thankfully no one is getting violent, though i've seen these drakes fight like mad with each other in the water. They go on and on entwining their necks and trying to drown each other. It's vicious. Then after a while one will give up and fly away.

Before the others came tonight, Captain was eating leftover parrot seeds with the female One Eye who usually stays off by herself, so perhaps a bond will forge between those two.

Until that happens, i'll keep my eye on him and try and make sure they don't hurt him. Thankfully no one is getting violent, though i've seen these drakes fight like mad with each other in the water. They go on and on entwining their necks and trying to drown each other. It's vicious. Then after a while one will give up and fly away.

Before the others came tonight, Captain was eating leftover parrot seeds with the female One Eye who usually stays off by herself, so perhaps a bond will forge between those two.

They both have something that makes them unique. :love

I do hope they bond. :fl

Captain relaxing with 2 females! They seem to accept him just fine. It's just those nasty drakes that try pushing him away, but it's nice to see he won't be bullied into leaving. This was taken through my bedroom window after a thunderstorm just now. They like to hang on the stone fence to preen and dry themselves off
IMG_20190504_163335.jpg

The female on the right is One Eye and the one on the left I call the B (rhymes with itch) because she bullies One Eye. And of course Captain standing proudly in the middle! It's so nice to see them all happy and relaxing together. :ya

I think he fancies the one on the left. After One Eye waddled off, Captain was amorously moving closer to her bobbing his head and shaking his tail at her. She let him get just so close before flying off. Tease lol.

Back
Top Bottom