Injured duck

Might be a good idea to cover the bottom part of the chain link with some other type of fencing when I have chicks and ducklings to keep them from going through the fence I tie wrapped plastic poultry fence to the bottom of the fence to keep them inside. It's pretty expensive.
I use 1/2” hardware cloth around the base of my poult and duckling areas.
Not the coated stuff; I save that (1” opening, coated) for barriers Between turkey pens so they don’t cut off a snood on the regular 1” fencing 😬
I have to put up visual barriers for the turkeys in the spring/ when hormones run high w the boys, but they seem to like “company” next door in the winter

The hardware cloth, in my experience, is least expensive when ordered from Home Depot online. It’s not cheap if you have a large area to cover, but, the longer rolls qualified for free shipping last time I ordered some (they do not carry it in my local to me stores, so.... free shipping to the store, or to my house...
yep. Bring it here 😂)

I use 1/2” hardware cloth around the base of my poult and duckling areas.
Not the coated stuff; I save that (1” opening, coated) for barriers Between turkey pens so they don’t cut off a snood on the regular 1” fencing 😬
I have to put up visual barriers for the turkeys in the spring/ when hormones run high w the boys, but they seem to like “company” next door in the winter

The hardware cloth, in my experience, is least expensive when ordered from Home Depot online. It’s not cheap if you have a large area to cover, but, the longer rolls qualified for free shipping last time I ordered some (they do not carry it in my local to me stores, so.... free shipping to the store, or to my house...
yep. Bring it here 😂)
Thank you, I appreciate the information. Home depot should pay you for advertising lol

Thank you, I appreciate the information. Home depot should pay you for advertising lol
Don’t I wish!!! :lau
But. I really dug deep into all of my local feed, hardware, etc stores.
I needed 2 rolls of 24”, 150’, 1/2” hardware cloth for my projects last summer and their pricing beat all of my local stores, including Lowes, by a -lot-
I’m always down to support my local feed store if it’s close..... but this was a good 50$ savings :/ and I didn’t have to go get it.

Back
Top Bottom