Injured juvenile Robin... NEED Help.

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Kat242, Aug 6, 2014.

1. Kat242

Kat242 Out Of The Brooder

Feb 28, 2013
    So yesterday my 11yr old son found a injured Juvenile Robin in your backyard. It seems to have hit the top of its head as their is a visible sore.its head is just sorta limp, it can turning it while supported but the bird is unable to hold it up its self. and took some game bird feed turned it into mash as well as some sewit (sp) Not thinking it would make it though the night we put it in a large card board box with some old towels, i managed to get it to drink a few drops of water from a eye dropper and told my son that its in the lords hands. Well the little bird made it though the night and im not sure what els to do for it. we dont have an avian vet any where within 100 miles of us. so any additional advice any of you have would be welcome.

2. Eggcessive

Eggcessive Flock Master Premium Member

Apr 3, 2011
    southern Ohio
    If you have any vitamins, you could dissolve in water or grind up one in the food. Vitamin B1 thiamine and vitamin E are the important ones. I have trouble with wild birds eating my chick crumbles, so they will eat that. It may do okay after some rest in a cage for a day or two.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by