Injured Poult

Lisafitz

Chirping
Sep 1, 2019
Coastal North Carolina
My dog went after one of my turkey poults this morning. Not sure what she did with him as other than a few plucked feathers I don't see any external injuries. However, the poult does not look well at all. He still chirps a little but but is not drinking. I have him inside now under a 100w red bulb as he was quite cold when I found him though still breathing. I'm going to Tractor Supply for some nutri drench but would love advice from anyone with experience. Edited to add: the poult is about 6 weeks old and we thought is a male based on behavior and showing red neck markings before the other 3.

My dog went after one of my turkey poults this morning. Not sure what she did with him as other than a few plucked feathers I don't see any external injuries. However, the poult does not look well at all. He still chirps a little but but is not drinking. I have him inside now under a 100w red bulb as he was quite cold when I found him though still breathing. I'm going to Tractor Supply for some nutri drench but would love advice from anyone with experience.
It's in shock
Your doing what I would do...

Back
Top Bottom