Injured rooster

Yes pooping still green and white, wont open eyes and its like his beak making a clicking noise together, i am able to get water in his beak with a syringe I was trying to make sure his tongue is still in there and im pretty sure it is....his crop is not flat and today his tail is now down... no improvement

Yes pooping still green and white, wont open eyes and its like his beak making a clicking noise together, i am able to get water in his beak with a syringe I was trying to make sure his tongue is still in there and im pretty sure it is....his crop is not flat and today his tail is now down... no improvement
Can you get his beak open at all?
He's been like this for...5 days? The crop is not flat, has he been eating anything? In 5 days if he's not been eating and the crop is not flat, then he has a crop issue as well.

Update: crop was flat he is still alive still drinking, he holds his head to the left side now maybe because of the injuries on that side being worse. Tonight I fed him yogurt and milk bread that I got off another thread on here.... he opens his right eye now and does stand ..... i hope he is mending we are 9 days in

Update: crop was flat he is still alive still drinking, he holds his head to the left side now maybe because of the injuries on that side being worse. Tonight I fed him yogurt and milk bread that I got off another thread on here.... he opens his right eye now and does stand ..... i hope he is mending we are 9 days in
Do you have any poultry vitamins? Try those (Poultry Nutri-Drench or Poultry Cell). You can also use B-Complex if you wish.
Bread and yogurt if he will eat that, at this point is good. You can also try white rice with buttermilk. Maybe start adding just a little of his feed slowly (soaked) to get nutrition into him. Scrambled egg, beef liver, fish - anything that's protein that he might like.

I hope he pulls through.

Do you have any poultry vitamins? Try those (Poultry Nutri-Drench or Poultry Cell). You can also use B-Complex if you wish.
Bread and yogurt if he will eat that, at this point is good. You can also try white rice with buttermilk. Maybe start adding just a little of his feed slowly (soaked) to get nutrition into him. Scrambled egg, beef liver, fish - anything that's protein that he might like.

I hope he pulls through.

Yeah we have the nutrients in his water, i added some crushed feed in yesterday so small progress

Update Nubs is still alive!! We are on day 20 ....
He drinks on his own, and his left eye is gone right eye is good. I had to remove a large amount of pus from his left eye socket 5 days ago. He is not interested in food so Im still force feeding. We are not 100% but we are at least 60%

Back
Top Bottom