Injured Rooster

Kayscheible

Hatching
Jan 22, 2024
Hello everyone! What is this going on with my Rooster? He and one other younger Rooster have the same issue but the other one doesn’t have it as bad. He’s kind of standing in a corner away from the other chickens. We had some freezing temps last week, but the coop was covered from the wind. He is almost 3 years old. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• IMG_4802.jpeg
    IMG_4802.jpeg
    555.1 KB · Views: 21
Hello everyone! What is this going on with my Rooster? He and one other younger Rooster have the same issue but the other one doesn’t have it as bad. He’s kind of standing in a corner away from the other chickens. We had some freezing temps last week, but the coop was covered from the wind. He is almost 3 years old. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance!
He's been beaten up.

So do you think the two that have it have been fighting? Because I did notice when the other rooster with the problem came in the coop the older rooster that I posted a picture of started to run away from him.
Yes, he got beaten, & lost his place as Flock Alpha.
Shouldn't have to anything other then clean him up abit.

Agree that he has been fighting and lost. It maybe time to separate them, or pick which one to keep. How old is junior? If a young guy accepts that he is number two, they might be able to get along if there are enough hens. But they may hurt each other. How many hens or pullets do you have?

Back
Top Bottom