Injured toe on silkie rooster

IMG_2849.jpeg
IMG_2848.jpeg

After I washed it

I ordered some Blu kote from chewy, hopefully it comes soon, what should I do in the mean time?
Yeah! Blu Koat is the best for healing wounds, it rocks. In the meantime, you can use rubbing alcohol to keep it clean! If you have your bird walking around with the others, it is super duper crucial to keep it clean and disinfected. Do you have your silky separated from the others?

Looks like a broken nail that's just hanging. I'd snip it off so it doesn't get hung on something and tear worse.

It will be tender/sore for a few days, but should be o.k. I'd let her with her flock.

She does have some raised scales which could indicate Scaly Leg Mites. You may want to apply a coating of Vaseline, Castor Oil or Nu Stock cream to the legs/feet at least once a week for several weeks. Work the treatment of choice up and under the scales of the legs/toes/feet to smother the mites.

Yeah! Blu Koat is the best for healing wounds, it rocks. In the meantime, you can use rubbing alcohol to keep it clean! If you have your bird walking around with the others, it is super duper crucial to keep it clean and disinfected. Do you have your silky separated from the others?
No I don’t have him separated from the others

Back
Top Bottom