Injury- shock or brain damage? Polish hen Fries.

I wouldn’t trim for now because she’s been under a lot of stress. I hope she gets better. I also got an eagle attack and I felt so bad, but it’s a hard way to learn, don’t be so hard on yourself, we all do our best and learn from mistakes. Virtual hugs :)

I wouldn’t trim for now because she’s been under a lot of stress. I hope she gets better. I also got an eagle attack and I felt so bad, but it’s a hard way to learn, don’t be so hard on yourself, we all do our best and learn from mistakes. Virtual hugs :)
Yes, will trim later when she recovers

If you all would say a little prayer for her healing- I would so appreciate it ❤️
4D75BAC4-760F-4C21-A1FF-F62585B20D8F.jpeg

As others have said, she's probably in shock.

I've had five separate attacks on my birds from hawks and one falcon. Every time they sustain the same cuts around their eyes and zone out for a few days, one of them was a polish girl like yours. I've been lucky enough never to have a serious injury.
A nice safe place to rest is the best thing you can do for her, with access to food and clean water, but it sounds like you're on the right track. I wouldn't worry about brain damage right now.

After an attack last year one of my hens had the same symptoms, she didn't eat for a week and I thought for sure I was going to lose her. But then she improved and she's doing great now.

Best wishes for your girl, she's so beautiful.

Back
Top Bottom