Inkbird ITC-1000 temperature controller

JDGreene

Songster
Oct 18, 2018
Tennessee
I just realized you can get finer control of the temperature if you use the Celcius setting instead of the Fahrenheit setting. Its hard for me to look at C though so I just made a chart that converts it into F so I can quickly glance at it to see.

If you use F setting, Difference Setting of 1 degree F:
Set temp 100F, heat turns off at 100F and on at 99F.

If you use C setting, Difference Setting of 0.3 degree C:
Set temp 37.5C, heat turns off at 99.5F and on at 99F.

So there is 0.5F difference between the two. Just note that if you change from F to C, that some of the other settings get changed back to default.

I just realized you can get finer control of the temperature if you use the Celcius setting instead of the Fahrenheit setting. Its hard for me to look at C though so I just made a chart that converts it into F so I can quickly glance at it to see.

If you use F setting, Difference Setting of 1 degree F:
Set temp 100F, heat turns off at 100F and on at 99F.

If you use C setting, Difference Setting of 0.3 degree C:
Set temp 37.5C, heat turns off at 99.5F and on at 99F.

So there is 0.5F difference between the two. Just note that if you change from F to C, that some of the other settings get changed back to default.
This is helpful, thanks!

20201118_154245.jpg

Looks like you set yours on 38.1C (100.6F). Does your incubator not have a fan?

I thought you were supposed to set forced incubators at 99.5F. I set mine at 37.6C (99.7F) just so it would drop to 37.3C (99.1F) and have a median of 99.4F.

We do have a fan, our temp tends to drop too low too fast. Which is why it's set higher. Amazing the difference altitude and weather patterns can make to our incubator requirements!

Back
Top Bottom