Innova vs Science Diet (c/d prescription)

Interesting...
I take liquid D3. Calrson's brand. Suspended in coconut oil.

As for those of us with Psoriasis, there is one cream/salve "Dovanex" that is used and its a vit D3. Hmmm...well not that I use it, I must go the expensive route for mine...Grrrr.
Well, I am off to find and read ingredients, also treats (healthy).
I'll let you know when I get back what I chose and how my snobbish kitties are willing to try it.
Right now, neither of the cats want to eat the wet food. I swear they are smarter then us, they know when its good or not.
So, I'm off like a hurd of wild turtles
bun.gif
(oh gosh, shouldn't have shown that cute little fuz butt in this convo...nor
D.gif
LOL. Have a wonderful day!​

Psoriasis? We have had GREAT success with that, and exzema. E-mail me for more info for the details. I have seen many people go into FULL remission after years of trying every cream available through the dermatologists, and many health store brands. I work with a doc who for the first time in many years, has no skin issues. Yes, there are side effects. She is also off allergy meds and ended up reducing her Synthroid twice. Imagine that. A side effect is improved health in areas other than the target challenge.....
tongue2.gif

Last edited:
Ok, went out, picked up Innova Evo, Evo canned food.
I so wish it had come to my mind long ago. Just last winter I had to put my "stray Cat" down after 12 years with her. She had to be on the steriods (I only gave them to her in 1/2 tabs, it worked so why give whole tab..)and for the cycle of 3 days, break the lapping her hair off. Not sure why, but the vet told me she looked as though she was 10ish when I finally got her into the house, a whole lengthy thing, if we spoke loud, she would vomit, swing anything, she would cower, if it snowed, she'd vomit. So we tried to keep things down to a dull roar, never made her go out, she and Ted had the kitty door to a grass area and a ramp up to the deck (fenced in). When I had her fixed, shots etc, I told the vet that it was apparent that the previous life was not a happy one, and I just wanted to keep her comfortable. And I did. I tried to make up for what someone else had done. So even now I so miss her, she was a cat and a half, Maine Coon cat, 12 lbs and not an ounce of fat on her, if there would have been, she still would have fine.
Anyways, she lived a long life for an old cat, I'm proud of that.
Ok, sorry, I wish I had known about these foods back then, she would have done well eating raw everything, but one day when she caught a chipmonk (Teddy was a kitten..) we watched, he was so interested until she started chewing! And the expression was priceless, animals do not have human thoughts, but I swore he said "Oh NO you DIDN'T" and ran in the house! lol.
The rest of that day he would stear clear of her, wide area too, and you could see his nose twitch. It was really funny.
So anyhow, I'll continue to read along and learn from it! (to be honest, I forgot my point!!!)

I wish I would have known about the damage caused by corn, soy, wheat and other fillers earlier too. I can't complain too much though. Cookie is 19. The past year on a diet free of starches and grains seems to be helping her. She is pretty spunky for an old fart
big_smile.png

Update, Believe it or not, shouldn't say that to you folks because you are already aware of your pets!!!! But, I picked up Evo for Teddy and Innova for Fancy , the canned Evo, so far these cats are shifting weight, not that they were fat fat, but wide...well now they are racing, playing and active, alert and loving. It did take me mixing the 1 can Evo(which smells good to me, LOL) mixing it with 1 can Tuna (9-lives really bad for them only way I could get them to eat science) 1 science CD . Then mixing 1 can Evo, 1 can Science CD (they love it), next batch will be Evo, see if I can get them to do that alone.
They really are doing super. Less litter box odor like you all said, interestingly Teddy's bowels have become a bit more regular. He has been chronicly constipated his life, gets ill with Laxair and refuses to eat a lot of the things like pumpkin, squash, and that is all the vets will say, they will eat it, they don't know teddy. The next cat I have will learn to eat it at a very young age.
DH bought me a food processor for Christmas...food is not the first thing I thought of making in it! Haa ha ha !!!
Thank you all for your help, feel free to share more about feeding raw- btw gave them raw chicken and then another day liver - no go. LOL may have to do cooked for a while hee hee.

That increased energy is often one of the first things you notice. It's not so bad in an older cat, but with a 1 year-old male....SHESSH!!! He is such a SPAZZ!
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom