Inside Chickens!

shadewolfo10

In the Brooder
8 Years
May 31, 2011
Well, since it is in the 100s down here in Texas, I decided to take the chooks inside to cool off. I turned on the overhead fan, and placed another fan facing in their direction. They finally settled down on the dog bed and are still panting but it seems that it is just from stress, not the heat [its like 75 next to the fan]. My dog got sad about them stealing his bed, so he started whining till I let him on the couch!

Tempted to get a chicken diaper...

Have yall ever let your chooks inside?

Have any ideas what I could do for the rest of the summer? My parents dont really fancy the idea of keeping chickens inside everyday.....

We have tried wetting the ground, putting out frozen milk jugs, spraying the chickens, ice in their water/on the ground... but nothing seems to work! We are even putting electrolytes in their water.

And here is another pic!

Well it is hot in texas. So I think no matter what they;ll still be hot.. Um I keep them in the shade, give them treats through out the day. Esp cooled watermelon or peaches. Its semi windy all the time here so it helps them out. but try to give them shade mostly and fresh water often. Goodluck! BTW Im in southern texas and that's what I usually do for them.

The whole backyard area is covered in shade, and we give them fresh water twice a day and lots of watermelon, but we have had one die from the heat, and one almost die.

Yeah! We might try putting a fan outside, but since they have such a big area they would be able to run away from it... and Im guessing they will think its scary and run away or something. We will definitely give it a try tomorrow!! For the rest of today, I'll just keep them inside so they can watch TV with me!
love.gif

Hopefully we will get some rain to cool us off!
fl.gif

Back
Top Bottom