Inside coop color

I used left over semi gloss tan paint in the coop. Lavender and white is on the inside in the run.

Here is the tan.
20741_100_1935.jpg

My chickens seem about as happy as the chickens across the street that live in a plain white coop. I just would not recommend a really dark color that would affect the lighting inside.

Last edited:
mine is neuvo-lumber. The chickens have splatter painted it. Looks quite lovely.

Awesome Portia, that sounds like my kind of a coop!
lol.png

I was thinking maybe a sky blue or medium green. I dunno. kind of a midtone.​

I like red and white as well Christopher, but it would clash with the house.
smile.png

Growing up I lived in a big white 100 year old farmhouse. It was perfectly classic. It's yellow now with a green roof. Just not the same...

Last edited:
Thats good to hear Portia that the linoleum works for you! I am glad I thought to use it in my coop that I am almost done building now.

When painting the inside of the coop, it will be easier to clean, take a look at the returned paint at Home Depot or Lowes. They often have gallons of paint the people had mixed and then didn't like the color. It usually sells for $5 per gallon.

On my own coop I lined the inside with white tile board. I spray the walls with a bleach water solution, let it sit a few minutes, then scrub it off. Makes cleaning a snap.

Back
Top Bottom