Inside coops - what's your setup?

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by citygirl, Apr 3, 2009.

1. citygirl

citygirl Out Of The Brooder

Oct 8, 2008
    Dayton, Ohio
    We see lots of pictures of lovely coops and runs but I would love to see the inside of people's coops to see how they've laid things out. I know in my first coop we made some design oops that we won't make again, but I'd like to see other people's floor plan. Thanks

2. boxermom

boxermom Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 22, 2009
    Spencer,IA
    I'd like to see that too. We're converting our corncrib. Long and narrow. East and south facing. Where should we place the perches and nesting boxes? Should they be mobile to change with the seasons?

3. GardeNerd

GardeNerd Chillin' With My Peeps

This is my first coop, so I am no expert. However, you can see how I set up the inside.

[​IMG] a diagram

[​IMG] The roost area

[​IMG]

[​IMG] the nest area below the roost level

[​IMG] the entry with the pop door to the right

[​IMG]The tiny coop from the outside. It is 6' tall with a 4 x 4 footprint.

Edited because I forgot to mention, it is on my BYC page if you want to see more pics.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2009
  4. mmtillman

mmtillman Chillin' With My Peeps

Here are some pix of our 8x8 barn style coop. Hope it helps! Cant wait to see pictures of yours!!!! [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. foweler

foweler Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2009
    Chico, CA
    I had a few things I wish I'd done differently but they seem happy in it so far.
    I think I'm going to add a leaning ladder roost at the end opposite the nest boxes and I still need to cut a chicken sized door in.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. LynneP

LynneP Chillin' With My Peeps

You can see ours by clicking on my home page link under the avatar. Be sure to visit the BYC coop exposition at the top of this page![​IMG]

7. NJbirdlover

NJbirdlover Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 16, 2009
    Salem County, NJ
    keep the pictures coming! We are just about finished the outside of our coop and will be starting the inside..I like all of the examples!

8. mrsgibber

mrsgibber Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 3, 2008
    Bolton, CT
    Quote:Your coop is fabulous.[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by