Inside egg looks like water

Bird Brain

Songster
10 Years
Mar 25, 2009
Hixson, TN
New to hatching and even newer to shipped eggs.

Received some eggs in the past few days, and in candeling them before bating them, a few (6 in a row at one point) looked like they had water in them. Some you could see yolk and such, and some looked like, well, water.

Bad eggs, right?

Are you referring to the air cell sort of splashing around?? I'd go ahead and put them in the incubator anyway. You can toss them in 10 or 12 days if they aren't any good.

Jim

Quote:
im not sure if it is the air cell, but i did put them in anyways. I figured it couldnt hurt, just not sure what the heck I am looking at

Quote:
HAPPYMTN!! Hello from Whitwell. I actually work in Dunlap though, isn't THAT handy for us?! I knew I saw a poster from Pikeville on here.

I have already put everything in the bator and the only thing I have laying right now is Buff Orpington. But, I should have aracaunas hatching out Thursday. And Silver Appleyard ducks a week later. And I know I wont need all these chicks either. Whatchoo got?

I had some that looked like that and mine were bad. I did put them in the incubator for a couple of weeks just to be sure. When I cracked them open the whole egg was a mixture of yolk and the clear part of the egg, like it had all been scrambled up. I guess these got shook up too much in the mail?

Thats what I am expecting. I have already incubated one of these before and they werent even shipped. I dont remember if it was my egg or one I drove to pick up, but they werent shipped. Anywho, same results, watery yolk mess.

HAPPYMTN!! Hello from Whitwell. I actually work in Dunlap though, isn't THAT handy for us?! I knew I saw a poster from Pikeville on here.

I have already put everything in the bator and the only thing I have laying right now is Buff Orpington. But, I should have aracaunas hatching out Thursday. And Silver Appleyard ducks a week later. And I know I wont need all these chicks either. Whatchoo got?

I've got cochin banties in the bator, and getting eggs almost daily- they're either going to be splash or mottled- can't tell yet. I have RIR's- if I can tell who's eggs are whos, and other brown egg layer heavies. I love my Orps- but no Orp roo.
Waiting on standard blue cochins. I keep ordering them- and all I get is black!
There is a woman by me on Rt30 that just hatched a bunch of turkey chicks. Sometimes I get a few chicks from her to add new blood to the flock. Do you sell chiks on LSN? Someone in Whitwell does.
Nice to see somebody local! I might get some of those Orp eggs from you!​

Back
Top Bottom