Inside The Hatcheries?

PepsNick

Back to Business
9 Years
May 9, 2010
Egglanta, GA
Has anyone actually ever been to a hatchery to pick up chicks or something? If so, what is it like? How are the birds kept? Do they get to go outside at all?

I would love info on this, can't find any on the web.

Thank you.

Nick

Quote:
look on youtube just search chicken hatchery and alot of videos will pop up...its really cruel but were not allowed to talk about it on here because we cant talk about animal rights associations or whatever

Quote:
look on youtube just search chicken hatchery and alot of videos will pop up...its really cruel but were not allowed to talk about it on here because we cant talk about animal rights associations or whatever

Thank you.

Quote:

Thank you.

yeah no problem let me know if you find anything useful.

Every hatchery is different, I have only seen a little of a hatchery in person, and that was all their big incubators haha pretty cool. and I did see some of their duck pens they were very nice and could go out side in a big pen.

I've yet to search and find videos or photos of inside a hatchery, as in, inside the breeding program.
wink.png
It's like going to a slaughterhouse and asking to see the killing floor. . . They just don't show it to you.

Most hatcheries have their breeding done by people nearby under a contract though. The breeding is likely done either in warehouse-type buildings or in small runs, and is not watched over at all except for a search for the highest production to sell the most eggs, however it is known that some breeders hired by hatcheries will breed and possibly sell certain pairings or strains for a specialty, such as the local fairs. Most are on a contract to never sell to anyone but the hatchery though.

Back
Top Bottom