Insomniac Rhodies!

Coops Dad

Crowing
May 10, 2020
too close to Waco, TX
I have a half dozen month-old RIRs and I just went outside to make sure everything was buttoned up for the expected rain coming in tonight and heard a commotion in the little's tractor. Four of the six RIRs were just going to town in the feeder, gobbling food and carrying on like it was the middle of the afternoon. It's after 10 pm here with no moon and no outside lights on, and the tractor is oriented such that the house isn't even visible. Pitch dark, and these little gluttons are having a party and keeping their roommates awake.

Spoiled brats.

I have a half dozen month-old RIRs and I just went outside to make sure everything was buttoned up for the expected rain coming in tonight and heard a commotion in the little's tractor. Four of the six RIRs were just going to town in the feeder, gobbling food and carrying on like it was the middle of the afternoon. It's after 10 pm here with no moon and no outside lights on, and the tractor is oriented such that the house isn't even visible. Pitch dark, and these little gluttons are having a party and keeping their roommates awake.

Spoiled brats.
My ducks never sleep. My Silkies are up several times a night, too. Party animals!

That's hilarious!

I once walked out to do one final check for the night and found a chicken just walking around on the floor under the roosts. She stared at me and I stared back at her for a second before deciding that she could get herself back up to the perch since she could clearly find her own way down! 😂

They're all snoozing in the sun this morning after another night of partying.
IMG_20221127_115956475.jpg

Back
Top Bottom