Instructional :Egg Blowing

ElegantChicken

In the Brooder
11 Years
Dec 17, 2008
Alaska
here is instructions on how to blow the whites and yolk out of your egg for painting and dyeing. let me know if you are confused about something...later I will edit in photos.

1. Get a needle, just a regular sewing needle. Not anything special.

2. Pick out the egg or eggs you wish to use for painting or dyeing or anything else you might have planned.

3 Take your needle and carefully pushing and twisting the needle through the pointed end.

4. Once you have the needle through the shell stab around inside popping the yoke as many times as needed to break the yoke up.This will be much easier when blowing out one huge yoke!!!

5. next, turn your egg over to the bottom and repeat step two.

6.After your needle is through the shell twist it around in circular motions till the hole is about 1/8 inch. If you wish it can be smaller but it will be much harder and difficult to blow out!!!

7. Firmly but gently cover the top hole with your mouth and blow with all your might(you may resemble a chipmunk! Lets not have our husbands around huh?
wink.png
)

8. Once you are able to ASSUME all the yolk and whites are out you can paint or dye your egg.(if you do dye make sure you empty the dye out of your egg!)

There is no real possible way of knowing you got it out .you can try holding the egg up to the light or shaking it though!

Hope this was helpful to those of you who might be interested in this type of art!

Amie Jo

Last edited:
if you are icked out by putting the shell to your mouth you can get a bulb syringe...like the kind sold in baby supplies for getting baby boogers and stuff... and put that up against the hole on one side and using that to blow air into the egg. It takes some practice but it can be done.

Right now my family is getting ready for a hanukkah celebration so i haven't had the time to put the pictures up but don't worry I will! A pic of me as a chipmunk???? Yeah Right!!!! XD

Haha I can just imagine my voice like theirs. Actually i did kinda sound like that till i took vocal lessons (at home) hehe

Thanks!
i saw the most beautiful wall hangings made out of different colored eggs,corn shucks, and raffia. i didn't buy one ( way too expensive for me ), but would like to make one and wasn't sure how to blow them out. Now I can.

Back
Top Bottom