Instructional Video: How to butcher your own organic meat birds.

Jungleexplorer

Crowing
11 Years
Jan 19, 2012
Abilene, Texas
My Coop
My Coop
Here is a video I made when I butchered my spring organically raised meat birds. They were six weeks old and butchered out at an average of 3.5 pounds per bird. I made this video for those who might have never done this before. It covers all the basics from killing to cutting up. This video covers the very simple basic way to do this and is not intended for people who are very advanced at this and have a bunch of specialized equipment. It is meant to help beginners. I hope you enjoy it.

nice job man. I always love seeing how people handle their birds! Our only real differences are that we cut the arteries and let them bleed out instead of decapitating and we dont boil our water we keep it at 160ish degree. Other than that, pretty much the same.

I see you listed them as organically raised...can I ask what you fed them? I mean 3.5 lbs at 6 weeks is awesome on organic feed.

Also please keep going with the videos. thats what I try to post here. I think BYC should have more videos. Its the best place for chicken info on the net IMO.

nice job man. I always love seeing how people handle their birds! Our only real differences are that we cut the arteries and let them bleed out instead of decapitating and we dont boil our water we keep it at 160ish degree. Other than that, pretty much the same.

I see you listed them as organically raised...can I ask what you fed them? I mean 3.5 lbs at 6 weeks is awesome on organic feed.

Also please keep going with the videos. thats what I try to post here. I think BYC should have more videos. Its the best place for chicken info on the net IMO.

Thanks. These bird were raised in a mobile grazing tractor, that is on a wheat field. I also fed them Nutrena Nature Wise Meat Bird, which is the best feed available in my local area (Nobody raises Organic meat birds in my area).

Here a pic of the tractor.

20170530_131143.jpg

NICE!..offroad tires on that thing! We are doing the same thing with red broilers and natures best organic feed.

this is my tractor. Since that video I extended the rails, added wheels and a pull rope

Thanks. I built it out of repurposed materials. The wheels are from the axles that came under my mobile home. I took lots of video of the construction, but have not put it together yet. It is 8 x10, with onboard automated feeding and watering systems. I travel a lot for my work and I need system that can be left for up to a week at a time without human help. I use a battery powered atv winch to pull it along, which I keep charged with an old solar panel I bought for a boat. It even has LED motion lights and predator deterrent systems. Yeah, I kind of went a little overboard once the creative juices got flowing. LOL!

That's a nice little portable tractor you got there. I was gonna do something like that to start with and then my imagination took off.

Back
Top Bottom