• Best insulation

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Best insulation

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Sascha04

Hatching
Sep 15, 2017
Hi all, first time chicken owner. I was hoping for something me suggestions regarding insulation for a coop I built with my boys. We live in the Black Forest and winters get pretty cold/snowy. I've added some pictures and would love to hear your thoughts. Thanks so much.

Attachments

• IMG_1019.JPG
    IMG_1019.JPG
    879.5 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_1020.JPG
    IMG_1020.JPG
    571.3 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_1021.JPG
    IMG_1021.JPG
    488.1 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_1022.JPG
    IMG_1022.JPG
    490 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_1023.JPG
    IMG_1023.JPG
    569.9 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_1024.JPG
    IMG_1024.JPG
    666.5 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_1025.JPG
    IMG_1025.JPG
    829.8 KB · Views: 8
Hi and welcome to BYC :frow Most important is good air flow above them, so they don't get a draft and keeping them dry. They are very cold tolerant and will cuddle up for warmth. My computer is not playing nice today, so I'm not able to look at your pics. Again welcome and we're thrilled you've joined us.:ya When you have a sec, stop by new member introductions and tell us a little about your adventure. Btw, Black Forest is a beautiful place.:love

Hi all, first time chicken owner. I was hoping for something me suggestions regarding insulation for a coop I built with my boys. We live in the Black Forest and winters get pretty cold/snowy. I've added some pictures and would love to hear your thoughts. Thanks so much.
Welcome to BYC!

Black Forest Germany?
If these temps are accurate you don't need insulation at all:
July is the hottest month in Black Forest with an average temperature of 20°C (68°F) and the coldest is January at 3°C (37°F).

Might need more ventilation up higher and way from roost.

That coop is mighty small, no more than 2-3 birds will fit comfortably.

Back
Top Bottom