Insulation

Thank you everyone for your prompt responses, this board is great! My roosters are let out around 9 am with the rest of the flock and they are free roaming until about 7:30 pm now when they go in. I would never keep them cooped up to try and contain their sounds and anyone with a rooster knows, it's not just when they see the break of dawn or the sun coming up, it's all the time! My town is zoned for 8 hens, no roosters, so I am trying to do everything preventative as possible to make sure I don't get a letter in the mail. My neighbor on the left said she is fine with them and told me she grew up with roosters and chickens, I just want to be as respectful as possible in the am so that's why I am looking into the insulation. She works during the day, so during the day isn't really a problem. In the event I have to give them up, I already have a commitment from the man I got them from that he will take them back. My first rooster I have had almost a year now, my 2nd one, since Easter Sunday. The first one is the loudest and most aggressive towards me, the 2nd one is so friendly and hasn't started coming after me as yet. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Culling them is not an option for me, just wanted to throw that out. Thanks to everyone who has responded and if anyone else has any other advice, please feel free to post!

Back
Top Bottom