Insurance company cancelling us!

Quote:
Never even heard of them!
hmm.png
What does it stand for? I am having no trouble, currently, but I am sure paying a stiff premium due to the requirement for rebuild value here in TX. Other states might insure you for that you paid, here you have to dish out according to what it would cost to get everything you aquired replaced. While that is a comforting thought, it is quite a strain when you make out that check.
ep.gif
Shopping around never hurts.
Crazy that chickens could cancel your policy though. Alligators, yes, but chickens?
idunno.gif

They are one of the countries largest insurers, however, you must qualify for membership (yes, membership) by having served in one of the Armed Forces or having a parent who did. At one point membership required having been an Officer, then about 15 or 20 years ago they opened it up to NCOs and eventually all service members. They are headquartered in San Antonia, TX, but have several other offices around the country. You do not have an individual agent, but you can access someone 24/7. They pay claims very rapidly.

Our association has State Farm. About a year ago we had extensive storm damage (mircoburst) to a perimeter block wall. It literally took me MONTHS to get them agree to pay the actual cost to repair the wall. They kept trying to say that most of the damage was pre-existing. NOT! There was comparable damage all over our section of town. FINALLY I got them to pay us enough to repair the wall. Not a company I would ever choose to use for myself.

Quote:
I worked for State Farm under an agent before going to an independent agency. ( I am a licensed agent in KY) State Farm has on their homeowners application if you have dogs, if they have bit anyone, and if they are aggressive. The also have a special area for wood burning stoves. They have STRICT limitations on the wood burning stoves.... like they want pictures, who installed it, and if it is up to code. I had two houses I tried to write ineligible because of wood stoves. Most people working at the agency assume you don't have these things so please be careful. Sorry to get off topic.. continue on
big_smile.png

I am an licensed insurance broker in San Diego, insurance companies can cancel your insurance for any reason with a 30 day notice. There are so many insurance companies out there that you should not have any problem getting insurance. Foremost rate's are not that cheap anyways.
smile.png

Quote:
I worked for State Farm under an agent before going to an independent agency. ( I am a licensed agent in KY) State Farm has on their homeowners application if you have dogs, if they have bit anyone, and if they are aggressive. The also have a special area for wood burning stoves. They have STRICT limitations on the wood burning stoves.... like they want pictures, who installed it, and if it is up to code. I had two houses I tried to write ineligible because of wood stoves. Most people working at the agency assume you don't have these things so please be careful. Sorry to get off topic.. continue on
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom