Integration Pt 2

It's still going to happen, so that's why giving her as much space as possible and obstacles to hide behind is important, so she can make a getaway when needed, since it's unrealistic to expect to be out there every moment to monitor what they're doing.
So i have let her free range with the big girls only two days. This week was very hectic and we couldn’t let her out as much as i would’ve liked. I let her free range today and they didn’t really bother with her. We had to go to home depot so i put them all in the run and left for about an hour. I came home and the older girls still peck at her, but one more than the others. I’m currently in the middle of making a second feeder because i know having two of everything is important. We might try to just let her roost tonight in the coop because my boyfriend will be home tomorrow. I guess we’ll see how it goes.

So i have let her free range with the big girls only two days. This week was very hectic and we couldn’t let her out as much as i would’ve liked. I let her free range today and they didn’t really bother with her. We had to go to home depot so i put them all in the run and left for about an hour. I came home and the older girls still peck at her, but one more than the others. I’m currently in the middle of making a second feeder because i know having two of everything is important. We might try to just let her roost tonight in the coop because my boyfriend will be home tomorrow. I guess we’ll see how it goes.
But they will not let her into the coop at night. One of them will get up and chase her out

What happens if you manually put her on the roost once it's dark?
I just put her on the roost and it seems to be fine right now.
5013C515-5740-42FE-9685-B873FDB2A9CA.png

Forgot if it's come up on the previous thread or not, but plan on opening the pop door early tomorrow morning if at all possible (or if it's safe leave it open you can just leave it open), in case she needs to hightail it out of there at sunrise.

Forgot if it's come up on the previous thread or not, but plan on opening the pop door early tomorrow morning if at all possible (or if it's safe leave it open you can just leave it open), in case she needs to hightail it out of there at sunrise.
I hope my boyfriend can open it early tomorrow morning. I think it would be safe to leave open, we’ve never had anything try to dig under the run so i might just tell him to leave it open tonight

So far so good. Left the pop door open last night and she was the first one out in the morning. My boyfriend said they have been pecking at her butt a little bit but no blood has been drawn. I’m hoping after today they’ll be fine with eachother

So far so good. Left the pop door open last night and she was the first one out in the morning. My boyfriend said they have been pecking at her butt a little bit but no blood has been drawn. I’m hoping after today they’ll be fine with eachother
I caught this on the camera. It seems like two of the three hens keep pecking at her and chasing her. Not sure what else i can do honestly.

Back
Top Bottom