Interesting Pro Health Natural Additive...Cinnamon

Liz Birdlover

Crossing the Road
Premium Feather Member
6 Years
Jan 6, 2018
Delaware, USA
Hi Everyone 👋
I've been a long time believer of the benefits we get (flock & human) from many simple herbs, flowers, greens, vegetables, fruits & certain foods. I've used Garlic, ACV, Honey, Baking Soda, Oregano, Chickweed, Lemon Juice, Yogurt, Berries, Apples, Papaya, Peppers, Turmeric & others.

I've been reading up about anti inflammatories & benefits of Olive oil, tart cherry...always looking for anything to deal with arthritis, inflammation for my pain but always looking for anything beneficial for birds, too. I came across this informative article about Cinnamon. I know it helps those with blood pressure issues & also tames down the bitter taste in coffee so you don't need more sugar, but Cinnamon does even more than I realized, especially for our chickens, so I thought I'd share it with you all.

It a long read...so grab a coffee, add a sprinkle of Cinnamon & enjoy. ☕

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8300125/,

animals-11-02026-g001.jpg

animals-11-02026-g002.jpg

Last edited:
Haven't finished reading yet but thanks for sharing. I've never really dared try spices on my chickens- this is the required scientific caution 🙂.

Haven't finished reading yet but thanks for sharing. I've never really dared try spices on my chickens- this is the required scientific caution 🙂.
I use a bucket, pour 1 gal worth of feed & only add 1 teaspoon of a dry herb like oregano or cinnamon, shake & mix well to cover food.

With drinking water I add 1 teaspoon per gallon, for ACV & garlic.

I don't use remedies daily, usually on a weekly basis, every other day, so they're rotated & waterers get cleaned thoroughly.

I drink a glass of water with 1 teaspoon of local honey & 1 teaspoon of Braggs ACV. I use the herbals on a regular basis for myself. I do not really notice an immediate "great feeling" the second I drink my tonic or take turmeric, but I Do notice when I Don't do my routine, I will feel quite lousy, irregular & just overall blah with aches & pains. I'm not talking miracle cure but rather a feeling of just having a better day, less intense pain, less fatigue & more energy, which means doing what I need to do goes better, not dragging along struggling to get done. I get finished chores in good time & can enjoy a visit with my flock. When arthritis, asthma & allergies flare, those days can be miserable. The natural remedies truly do help me at least. I've done a lot of reading up on what we eat & how it affects us, ever since my 1st bout with cancer years ago. I've learned & tried many things. I helped my limping dog walk with a spring her step again, a 130 lb Rottweiler that had joint damage from one of the 1st cases of Lyme disease in this area in the 80s. Typical life span for a large Rottie is 8 yrs, she lived 14 good quality years. My birds live long lives, too. I figure there's must be something good about eating well & utilizing the benefits of various herbs, nutrition, minerals & vitamins. Done within the proper limits, why not give it a try? Really, it's how we should be & would be eating anyway if the big corporation farming would rotate crops & not deplete the soil. Many have written books about that subject as well, you can't always get the proper nutrition you think you are getting...that produce at the market, who knows how it was grown & how nutritious is it, can't tell by looking at it. Anyway...So far so good, for me & my flock. ❤️

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom