1. Come check out hundreds of awesome coop pages (and a few that need suggestions) in our 2018 Coop Rating Project!

intergrating 5 babys with two adults

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Rooster1235597, May 16, 2010.

1. Rooster1235597

Rooster1235597 Songster

Aug 5, 2009
    connecticut
    I have t baby chickies, one silver laced wyndote, one rhode island red, one ameraucana and two still unknown they are 6 weeks old and all pullets. My two chickens outside are a leghorn and a rir and they are 2 years old, when is a good time to bring them outside to live with the others.. I brought the babies outside a few times and the rir female adult was growling at them and wanted nothing to do with them, I am not sure what to do??

2. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

See my BYC page...... [​IMG]

3. Gonzo

Gonzo Songster

May 25, 2009
    Southwestern, In
    Quote:Its awesome!

4. micaheart

micaheart In the Brooder

Apr 5, 2010
    Yes, look at the BYC page of Debiraymond. A system like that or similar works great. They need to be able to get used to each other but the little ones need to be safe. After I've done that kind of system (with fencing, etc. to protect them) and actually integrate them, I will toss in a peice of a tree, or a bunch of branches or something. This allows the little ones to duck into something if necessary to escape a big mean chicken. Just a security blanket for awhile. :>)

Last edited: May 16, 2010
  5. Rooster1235597

Rooster1235597 Songster

Aug 5, 2009
    connecticut
    Yea I checked it out its neat! My coop is just far out from the house and quite small not sure how I can do mine like that [​IMG] but I have a biig rabbit hutch do u think they would be happy in that next to the coop for awhile?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by