intergration advise

daniellecm

Songster
6 Years
May 10, 2013
Hello All

So as some of you know we had a baby chick squatting on our property last year. He must have been about 6 weeks
when I found him in the back yard. Well its been a year and he's still with us. He has made himself a home in the barn and roosts
above my old retired mare.
A month ago I got myself some baby Dom's. So cute and cant believe I didn't do this sooner. Anyhow they have been living in a brooder in the spare bedroom as we are building the coop.

My plan is to put them outside at about 6-8 weeks old and to have them live in the coop and run we build and let the rooster free range as per usual. This I was planning for at least a few weeks.

So questions.

I hear a lot about segregating new ones even downwind from other chickens. Is this a concern I should have with popcorn free ranging around them ? Is a few weeks enough for him to get used to them through the chicken wire and then maybe letting them free range while im home to get used to each other ?

Id ideally like to get to the point where they all share the same coop at night and as well the run in the day. Im just not 100% sure how to do that. I certainly do not want anyone to get sick either.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

thank you

Hi
not that this will be happening tomorrow but was hoping for some advice from some of you wonderful knowledgeable people :)

Back
Top Bottom