Internal laying

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by JamesA, Dec 1, 2009.

1. JamesA

JamesA Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 1, 2008
    Cedartown Georgia
    Can someone tell me the signs of internal laying.I have a hen that has been acting like she does not feel well.She almost looks like she is sitting on her nest no matter where she sits.She stay squated unless I come near her then she walks off.She sat around for three day but today seemed a good bit better.She has not layed in a few months but she was in molt.She is eating and drinking but she is just not herself.I know I have not gave good enough detail but any help would be appreciated. [​IMG]

2. dlhunicorn

dlhunicorn Human Encyclopedia

Jan 11, 2007
    Please review the article below (it has lots of articles on other reproductive problems too) ...
    Review the info and links listed and keep a good eye on your girl alert for the symptoms you will learn from reading this info. (I know it is a lot but truly it well worth the effort). if you could post detailed info (location feed housing what the temperature/environment is like where you are breed of bird/age etc. then we will be able to help you better.
    Diana
    http://www.browneggblueegg.com/Article/PennysSurgery/PennysSurgery.html
    (this is about a bird that is internal layer and had surgery to correct the problem)

Last edited: Dec 2, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by