Internal lice?

after trying several ways to get rid of mites, etc - I have found that Ivermectin works the BEST - if it is good enough for human use -it works very well
I’ve heard that can be too much for a silkie to handle, she was an extremely sensitive girl that was inside a lot for different injures or sicknesses

Future reference. Eyes are Eyes being either human or avian. My husband who is a retired eye doctor has told me that when in the eye, you want to smother the lice. You can use either as mentioned, antibiotic ointment or Vaseline. Treat one eye at a time so the bird can see to eat. Clean the treated eye well before you treat the other eye. You may have to retreat if the lice jump between eyes.

Sorry to hear that you have to deal with Marek's disease. :hugs You aren't alone. You may want to read my article about my experiences dealing with the disease when I discovered I had it in my flock. I hope it helps you out a bit.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/ar...-i-learned-to-deal-with-mareks-disease.76944/
If I ever have an issue with it again I’ll be sure to do that, but I think it was only an issue for silkies. I still have two more, Yeti and Kia so If they ever have that issue I’ll be sure to do that, though Reaper just had poor health, Yeti and Kia haven’t had any issues other then needing bathes quite a few times (especially since yeti is white, looks so nasty and looks like it hurts) Kia my silkie roo only got one last night because he had sand stuck in his feathers, seems it comes off easier after dust bathes if they have contour feathers not just down feathers… thank you!

Just silver. Colloidal silver isn’t safe to be consumed, this stuff is made as a Mouth spray for colds
That's not true. The only correct form of silver IS colloidal silver, properly made. It can be used internally, topically, and nebulized. It should be a staple in every household, but 500 ppm is not a good concentration and is pure marketing. A 10 to 15 ppm is the most you need and is the best. Even 5 ppm is fine. There is a huge difference in brands and types and the best is to get a quality generator and make your own using only distilled water. There are many inferior generators as well.

Back
Top Bottom