International Black Copper Marans Thread - Breeding to the SOP

agree with you . too many I have for sure . they are going through the feed like there is no tomorrow . lucky there is a lot fresh grass . make them go away from the feeders .
but when come time to select I will be spoiled .
80 pullets from the eggs I got from Liza s . 40 pure and 40 cross with import .
125 pullets from my chooks ,
45 pullets Marneck { marans roosters over CLB ]

cockerels 50 with leg rings and over 100 or more from group #3/4 and 5 . have not made my selection yet .

chooks man

Wow and I thought I had a lot of chickens. Marans sure do eat a lot of feed. My husband complains that my Marans eat twice as much as the leaner breeds. Lol

She will be the one to solve the shoulder pattern on your cockerels line.
Chooks man

I have been mulling it over as to which cockerel to pair yellow band with. Her eyes are marbled and not clear so I was thinking of avoiding mating her to Dark Angel and mate her to Dark Halo instead since Dark Angel has clearer eye color. Is that a good plan? Dark Angel doesnt have clear eye color. His eyes are darker and marbled.

Here are eggs I got yesterday from 004 and yellow band.

004 egg on right, yellow band egg on left.

20200224_171526.jpg

I have been mulling it over as to which cockerel to pair yellow band with. Her eyes are marbled and not clear so I was thinking of avoiding mating her to Dark Angel and mate her to Dark Halo instead since Dark Angel has clearer eye color. Is that a good plan? Dark Angel doesnt have clear eye color. His eyes are darker and marbled.

Good point. never pair birds sharing asame fault
Chooks man

We got them from Marans in France, A breeding pair and later, eggs shipped from the same breeder. These are French Black Marans. The Maranians don't use the term BCM although I believe the European standard for the breed does.
The American standard has been bred to show more colour in the hackles and slightly sleeker body shape. The tail feathers tend to be in more of a narrow fan while the French Marans from Marans have more of a clump.

what do you mean about the maranians?
your chooks are not french Black marans , they are French black copper marans . in french ; marans noir cuivre.

we work with both standard in this thread . they are similar ,just some peoples try to make it sound different .

chooks man

Back
Top Bottom