International Black Copper Marans Thread - Breeding to the SOP

I will start looking, thanks.

Also i love it when you post pictures of your marans, always lots to see and learn. Thankyou for that.

I m pleased you like the photos I m posting . they are for you guys to see how marans should be bred and look .
it is the only thread in the world where you can see gorgeous marans varieties in they full glory . I m working very hard to restore the breed to it original form .

chooks man

So more pics of Idiots first chicks. they are 6 weeks old this Saturday. I have to say there are looking quite chunky.

View attachment 2713505
View attachment 2713506
View attachment 2713509
View attachment 2713510
View attachment 2713511
View attachment 2713513
View attachment 2713515

idiot is producing good looking progeny .I like they chunkiness , they thickness of they legs ,well spaced too . good head and comb .good feathering type , they eyes look a little darker maybe just a light . they should be Blue/green .
chooks man

idiot is producing good looking progeny .I like they chunkiness , they thickness of they legs ,well spaced too . good head and comb .good feathering type , they eyes look a little darker maybe just a light . they should be Blue/green .
chooks man
I'll go look at them later this morning. I really do not actively start thinking about culling from the breeding program until 12 weeks, so ignore little things like that. I know with the FBCM I have to wait until at least 8 months before actively looking for faults unlike some of my other breeds.

They are in the Littles pen with my Gold Creole Legbars and Heritage Rhode Island Red littles, so it makes it a wee bit harder to coral them as there are 60 some littles in there.

BC and BL copper chicks whith they mother , all sired by CTB.
DSC00836.JPG

chooks man

splash copper cockerel ,his parent are both Blue copper .Sire CTB and his Dam is Dalakhania#2 . { I lost her when she was molting } . this guy is the only one left from Dalakhania { dark eggs layer} line ,
he is late maturing and early feathering type . he is long with low tail angle .he is going as big as his sire CTB . he is very gentle
DSC01114.JPG

he will be very good to cross to Khabib daughters .
his name is Dalakhani { named after a famous grey race horse Dalakhani from Darshan line }
Chooks man

Back
Top Bottom