International Black Copper Marans Thread - Breeding to the SOP

1685361626141.png

This guy is full of white underfluff all over. Very obvious when he bends over.
There are only a couple not showing white yet.
All the rest are.
I'm at a loss of what to do.

View attachment 3521844
This guy is full of white underfluff all over. Very obvious when he bends over.
There are only a couple not showing white yet.
All the rest are.
I'm at a loss of what to do.
Not to worry about the white. We can fix any thing we want .
You saying there is few not showing the white great news . That mean there is some hens do not have a parasitic white , we need to find them .
Let wait and see how LS and MS sons will look like and if they have any white on them .
That why when I breed my chooks I need to know the sire and the dam of each chick , make it easier to truck down any traits .
We will do that next breeding season no more group breeding .
Chooks man

Do cull any cockerels you posted photos of them yet . Don t forget we are trying to breed body type. Don t panic.
Chooks man
No I have not.
I was not sure what to do.
I do think the one I said had a lot of white should be culled. Its a ton. Showing through his hackles and base of tail.

I need to get better photos.

I keep saying you can cull any time but you cannot bring them back to life. I am not an expert but breeding requires patience.
This is true.
I just keep remembering that white underfluff is hard to breed out.

It does require patience. Your right :)

The problem is, I don't think I've ever had one that did not have some type of parasitic white.

Not to worry about the white. We can fix any thing we want .
You saying there is few not showing the white great news . That mean there is some hens do not have a parasitic white , we need to find them .
Let wait and see how LS and MS sons will look like and if they have any white on them .
That why when I breed my chooks I need to know the sire and the dam of each chick , make it easier to truck down any traits .
We will do that next breeding season no more group breeding .
Chooks man
Good idea.

JR had no white for a long time. Now he has a small amount at the base of his tail too.

Back
Top Bottom