International Black Copper Marans Thread - Breeding to the SOP

Beautiful! Isn't Norambezi the one I like so much?

no RedBank it is this one you like Tobambezi not Norambezi.
here Norambezi
P1070844.JPG

Norambezi has a better comb but luck the crisp red shoulders and not as heavy as Tobambezi 350g difference .

this 2 they will compliment each other if matted to the same pullets/hens , they progeny will be closer to perfection .

chooks man

no RedBank it is this one you like Tobambezi not Norambezi.
here Norambezi
View attachment 1192375
Norambezi has a better comb but luck the crisp red shoulders and not as heavy as Tobambezi 350g difference .

this 2 they will compliment each other if matted to the same pullets/hens , they progeny will be closer to perfection .

chooks man
Well, I wouldn't throw him out! Beautiful!

one or 2 generation of full sibling mating doesn t do any harm to the chooks. actually is better for us ,they can genetically express them selves before we start adding to them ( we can not start adding salt in ours food before we taste it ). because our chooks come from an out cross matting . after that is a different story .

there is some peoples out there against this method .they prefer the out cross all the time .
out cross does not bring out the Hidden recessive genes . out crossing is based on dominance .

chooks man

This is very interesting to me. I have been raising club lambs/market type since 1987 and this is the philosophy I have used in getting predictability and the quality I have strived for. I have had great success in the show ring as well as selling my proven genetics all across the country. My genetics are in most successful flocks across the US.

I just recently got back into chickens and am highly intrigued with the breeding aspect. I know I’ve said it before but chooksman brings so much to this forum. IMO he is one of the most knowledgeable BREEDERS of the Marans breed if not all chickens. Much respect to you.

I can't believe how fast these chicks are growing! :) They're about 6 weeks old now and absolutely delightful. We unfortunately did lose one of the black coppers about 2 weeks ago, but all the rest appear very healthy and happy.

It's hard to take pictures of them now, they won't stay still unless they're sitting on our laps, but here are a couple of recent ones. If my guesses are correct we have 3 males and 6 females of the black coppers; two are starting to get copper feathers on their backs. Also, one of the 'white' chicks is turning out to be not so white after all!
20171119_182645.jpg 20171119_171637.jpg 20171119_172513.jpg 20171118_175000.jpg 20171118_100153.jpg

This is very interesting to me. I have been raising club lambs/market type since 1987 and this is the philosophy I have used in getting predictability and the quality I have strived for. I have had great success in the show ring as well as selling my proven genetics all across the country. My genetics are in most successful flocks across the US.

I just recently got back into chickens and am highly intrigued with the breeding aspect. I know I’ve said it before but chooksman brings so much to this forum. IMO he is one of the most knowledgeable BREEDERS of the Marans breed if not all chickens. Much respect to you.

Yes...... his greatest attributes are his humility, passion and lack of ego! He helps us all regardless of our experience or lack of. You can feel the smile in his emails. We all thank Chooks man. That is why I don't go on other forms of media...... :clap

thank you @ Shepherd6567 for this kind word .
I have been breeding domestic animals all round the world as a job ( Europe /Africa and here OZ ) and as hobby when I was a child ,fancy pigeon .
I breed cattle in this country as well .

agree with you .if we don t work within the line we never achieve the predictability and uniformity .
only line breeding associated with a solid breeding program we can achieve that .year in and year out . no variation .

chooks man

Well, I wouldn't throw him out! Beautiful!

he is not sluggish by any mean .I just think Tobambezi has some thing extra . he is so confident and calm .
I spend a lot time watching this 2 guys ,every day ,they are the first BCM cockerels I have penned to breed from this season .they progeny will hit the ground in 5 weeks time .
let wait and see .5th generation of selective breeding

chooks man

you are alright RedBank ( no so often hahahaaaaaaaaaaa)
she inbreed her stock ,nothing added to them ,but she is very hard at culling . high standard . serious selection to keep her line at the top all the time .My Hat to that Lady .we need more of her .

marans chooks if they are inbred properly we ll see wonderful chooks . lovely body pattern , gorgeous dark eggs and great tasty meat .

chooks man
You better be careful Chooks man you have told me I was right a couple of times this month. :cool:

Yes...... his greatest attributes are his humility, passion and lack of ego! He helps us all regardless of our experience or lack of. You can feel the smile in his emails. We all thank Chooks man. That is why I don't go on other forms of media...... :clap

when I start reading all the marans forum around the world ,I realized that a lot people are interested in breeding a proper marans chooks .so they post the photos of they chooks and the expert will tell them CULL THEM ALL and START OVER AGAIN .
I never heard any thing so stupid in my life before that .

I start commenting and telling peoples about what is good and bad about they chooks and how to work with not to cull them and end up with an empty chooks ward.

RedBank ask me to start a separate thread and she started this thread .all the credit goes to her .I was going to leave all the forum for good and work just with marans aspiran ( Monique Berte )

I learn from other too .
my Wheaten cockerel Morgan3 is on the chopping board at Marans aspirans . straight from the source ,no translation needed for me .

we share the same hobby . we love ours marans chooks and we want to breed them well . what wrong with that .

wanted to share my knowledge with you guys that all . we are not bossing each other around .no need for that .

chooks man

Back
Top Bottom