International Black Copper Marans Thread - Breeding to the SOP

LL

great head well conected to the neck .
well arched neck nicely colored .
love the depth of her chest

from his photos she is holding her tail lower and she look correct .

So please make sure the photos are a fair display of your chooks .

Cheers.

choks man

First day free ranging . they are a little shy ,they don t want to leave they holding pen. no familiar place.

work on the incubation room has started today will be finished in couple of day .( my handy man is very slow doesn t seem to understand the timing . he is like RedBank saying " All hat and no cattle " he spend 2 hours to set up his work bunch and 2 hours to pack pack his tool - all sort of tools- but 2 hours real work a days. he is complaining the roosters are too loud giving him sore head. ha ha ha . Very fanny .

here some eggs I collected today .they lost a color a little from the stress of the move . couple of weeks and they will take of again .
good timing for me.
still waiting for the new incubator and the hatcher will be delivered soon ,thet coming from Queensland another state .

all good and the grass is greener I can t complain .

i can t get a camera light all right . even the green eggs from Cream LB look almost white.any way the marans eggs are around 5 some 6 and 4 as well .

here a great marans young rooster comb . 1 out of 36 roos .

I name him Sleek . because he is my first cockerel I bred with a Faultless head .- Sleek head.
nice head .
great comb.nice size , nice texture well defined points . no touching from the tear . free from any deformity or sprigs .
point well define and they all end up on the same line from the top and the bottom
great wattles correct size no split in the middle great shape and texture .
gorgeous ears lodes nice medium size , nice and red
great color ears tuft matches the color of the hackle .
beautiful orange eyes .
great beak medium size nice and strong

his is the head we are looking for in the marans roosters recording to the French Standard .

chooks man

First day free ranging . they are a little shy ,they don t want to leave they holding pen. no familiar place.

work on the incubation room has started today will be finished in couple of day .( my handy man is very slow doesn t seem to understand the timing . he is like RedBank saying " All hat and no cattle " he spend 2 hours to set up his work bunch and 2 hours to pack pack his tool - all sort of tools- but 2 hours real work a days. he is complaining the roosters are too loud giving him sore head. ha ha ha . Very fanny .

Happy Chooks and sad Workman!

here some eggs I collected today .they lost a color a little from the stress of the move . couple of weeks and they will take of again .
good timing for me.
still waiting for the new incubator and the hatcher will be delivered soon ,thet coming from Queensland another state .

all good and the grass is greener I can t complain .

i can t get a camera light all right . even the green eggs from Cream LB look almost white.any way the marans eggs are around 5 some 6 and 4 as well .

I have the same problem..... very hard to get the eggs to look like they really do. My cuckoos lay 4s. The BCMs continue to lay dark. I lost one of my good pullets. I was in the yard when it happened. I saw the varmint running thru the weeds and went after him. He dropped the pullet but he had already broken her neck. I never saw the thing. I don't even know what he was. Everyone is in lockdown again. Very unhappy chickens.

Last edited:

Every thing about this cockerel is great, but the comb. That make 8 chicken dinners! ha ha

@Chooks man,

Old Man Tom posed this question to us about this coqs comb. Would you breed this bird with his comb? If I missed the response forgive me. Does a hen's influence have enough weight? Does it just require breeding a ton of them and then culling hard? Will this always pop up? He has been advised to cull.

here a great marans young rooster comb . 1 out of 36 roos . I name him Sleek . because he is my first cockerel I bred with a Faultless head .- Sleek head. nice head . great comb.nice size , nice texture well defined points . no touching from the tear . free from any deformity or sprigs . point well define and they all end up on the same line from the top and the bottom great wattles correct size no split in the middle great shape and texture . gorgeous ears lodes nice medium size , nice and red great color ears tuft matches the color of the hackle . beautiful orange eyes . great beak medium size nice and strong his is the head we are looking for in the marans roosters recording to the French Standard . chooks man
He is a beauty.

First day free ranging . they are a little shy ,they don t want to leave they holding pen. no familiar place. work on the incubation room has started today will be finished in couple of day .( my handy man is very slow doesn t seem to understand the timing . he is like RedBank saying " All hat and no cattle " he spend 2 hours to set up his work bunch and 2 hours to pack pack his tool - all sort of tools- but 2 hours real work a days. he is complaining the roosters are too loud giving him sore head. ha ha ha . Very fanny .
Mine love to come out too. It's like a stampede from my grow out pen.

Back
Top Bottom