International Black Copper Marans Thread - Breeding to the SOP

Hope all of you are doing well.
Unfortunately my grandmother was hospitalized for the last few weeks, it has thankfully normalized a bit and she is now in a nursing home until she has recuperated (It's not super personal, just a long story).

I recently had 5 of my hens turn broody whilst I was busy, I have successfully stopped a few from brooding so they decided to molt, I hope they will soon cut out all these odd shenanigans haha.

My rooster has come down with something, I thought it was just a nutrient/vitamin deficiency but I can hear that his breathing is not well.
I already have him on a multi-vitamin supplement, tonight I believe I will begin a course of strong antibiotics and see if that helps.

I hope to have much more free time on my hands soon, the family stuff is under control and now it is time to catch up with my chickens, I sadly have had to spent very little time at my home this month.

Hopefully I will catch up soon.

Handsome devil 2. The numbering won't relate to any previous numbering. I won't reposted Handsome devil 1. He can be found at https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/...thread-breeding-to-the-sop/2380#post_17681749
Hey Calgary, I like #2 and #7 for type and color - they combs are OK but not great. That's OK as the comb comes from the hen. #5 looks like he has good copper flecking on his chest so if bred to a hen of very good type he will put color on his daughters. Chooks Man will weigh in as well. Keith

Last edited:
LL

Cockerel 1 .

great body type and color .
major fault vulture hooks the comb is not bad but better than others .

need to be mated to hens with less shanks feathering on none will be better .

chooks man

LL

Cockerel 2 =

Sublime specimen correct almost every where .
great body type and great color.

the comb need work .

could be mated to any BCM hen and will give a great proportion of his progeny show quality type .

my favorite

chooks man

PS do you mind if I name him after my wheaten rooster = DJABEL ( Arabic name mean mountain ) he is build like a one .?

LL

Cockerel 7 =

great body type ( you said he need mass .we can t see that in the photos )
great copper ,rich red
comb the best one I think in all of them .

Fault =
white feathers on the tail
vulture hooks

this 3 are your best cockerels .

chooks man

Back
Top Bottom