International Black Copper Marans Thread - Breeding to the SOP

@Chooks man

Alrighty. From the beginning lol.

CEACD2F4-BEC0-471F-9960-97B07B7BF3A7.png

This is from our youngest batch of Marans. There were only a few, I think 3 pullets and 1 cockerel. I’ll have to check our notebooks and see. I love the look of these ones, they all have a great heavy weight. And they seem to be looking very nice so far...
I can single them all out and grab some pics for everyone.

DCC9638E-8E61-4750-864F-EFFF689932B7.png

This cockerel is also from that young batch of chicks.
They grow up so quick! I need to look and see how old these kiddos are. He is a bit skidish. For sure going to be a big boy.

Tails! Once you send a pic of a correct tail, I will hunt through and get you some pics of what I think match that. For now, I’ll see if any of these younger birds want to stand still for a photo shoot haha.

@Chooks man

Alrighty. From the beginning lol.

View attachment 1622349
This is from our youngest batch of Marans. There were only a few, I think 3 pullets and 1 cockerel. I’ll have to check our notebooks and see. I love the look of these ones, they all have a great heavy weight. And they seem to be looking very nice so far...
I can single them all out and grab some pics for everyone.

View attachment 1622352
This cockerel is also from that young batch of chicks.
They grow up so quick! I need to look and see how old these kiddos are. He is a bit skidish. For sure going to be a big boy.

Tails! Once you send a pic of a correct tail, I will hunt through and get you some pics of what I think match that. For now, I’ll see if any of these younger birds want to stand still for a photo shoot haha.

those purple tagged pullet and cockerel are stunning .
proper body type ,
correct body marking and correct copper type ,
correct long back ,
Correct til ,shape ,form and angle .

tell me more about them ,who is they Sire/Dams? more photos please.

they are your way out of a long and high tail .

chooks man

Here are a few updated pictures of Duke. His comb had started to lop slightly but all of the females I've penned him with all have upright combs.

View attachment 1622449 View attachment 1622451 View attachment 1622452 View attachment 1622455

he did do a lot growing for sure ,
big boy now ,love his long back and small tail .
body colour ,your hens going to fix that for sure ,your hens produced stunning copper type on the cockerels and pullets . rich red .

I think he is going to compliment what you have .

shame to hear about his comb . it is small ,I was not expecting it to go lop . normally happen to a larger combs .

guess he is there for his long wide back and gorgeous tail . body type too

chooks man ,

Back
Top Bottom