International Black Copper Marans Thread - Breeding to the SOP

Ok it is going to be rooster day this coming weekend, and I have to try and decide who stays for now, and who goes...Could I please get some feedback on these roosters and pullets. Chooks man- who should I pair with who?

This is Number 1. (no names yet) He is black, with copper ears. He is unrelated to all the rest (infact, he is in the next town over at a friends farm, but I can have him) LOL

I like this cockerel .great body type and stand .he has a lot good qualities but
his hackle is more golden than copper .

chooks man

1601004608722.png

@Minky
this is great photo worthy to be framed and hanged is the office if you have one hahahaaaaa. absolutely stunning. love his head ,gorgeous and kind .
love his chest marking .
stunning black plumage well tight to the body no sign of fluffiness .

chooks man

Thank you for the input @kcrandall .
Truly appreciated.
When i see all the beautiful bcm on this thread, i cant help but wonder what i got myself into!
My stock is limited. Especally my cockerels. And my pullets wont be laying until late winter. It would be a shame to have good egg color but poor looking marans.

one thing at the time .better have some thing good look or dark eggs .
i had some marans lines before they had nothing going for them .

chooks man

This is my first BCM. He is growing up and I am interested in hearing feedback and trying to learn about the breed. I posted as a chick, but wanted to see him grow up a bit So I can continue to learn. He is 13.5 weeks. Not crowing yet, and has a nice temperament. View attachment 2347162View attachment 2347163View attachment 2347164

I like his body type .correct marans type .but not sure about his copper .look golden to me .let him do some more growing .he has a type for sure .

chooks man

And this is number 3. I know maybe he is too colourful?? ...But I have a pullet who is black and has very little copper on her neck, so I have been keeping this guy around to see if he would be good to pair with her?

I like this guy too .
lovely and correct body type .
gorgeous and uniform copper .Yes I know he has too much but it is workable .
lovely plus correct tail .angle and type .
love his stand
correct head /eyes and comb
plus I do no see any parasitic white .great plus .

his chest is overly marked .
chooks man

Thank you for the input @kcrandall .
Truly appreciated.
When i see all the beautiful bcm on this thread, i cant help but wonder what i got myself into!
My stock is limited. Especally my cockerels. And my pullets wont be laying until late winter. It would be a shame to have good egg color but poor looking marans.

I know where you’re coming from been there myself. The trick is to see what your BCM Line can become with what you have to work with in the present - the good and the bad. You have some nice looking pullets with good type and color so that’s a good start.

Back
Top Bottom