International Black Copper Marans Thread - Breeding to the SOP

if you show up the birds before taking any decision I don t see a problem ,we are helping you out .so don t take decision by your self and regret it later .we are here to help each other out so we minimize the mistakes .

chooks man
Thank you Chooksman! I appreciate you and each and everyone here. I hope everyone has a Blessed Thanksgiving.
This is why this group is my favorite!

Happy belated thanksgiving. !!! And good luck with Black Friday !

can someone remind me what colour beaks day olds marans have if they are male/ female?
I hatched some olive Eggers using my CLB roo and marans and some have pale beaks and others have pale upper with dark beak tips.
will this be gender related possibly?

Happy belated thanksgiving. !!! And good luck with Black Friday !

can someone remind me what colour beaks day olds marans have if they are male/ female?
I hatched some olive Eggers using my CLB roo and marans and some have pale beaks and others have pale upper with dark beak tips.
will this be gender related possibly?

I believe BCM pullets express an all black beak and BCM cockerels will express a horn colored beak although this method is not 100% and depends on the line. Vent sexing is the most accurate way to sex day old chicks but you need to be experienced to perform this method so as to not harm the chicks.

I believe BCM pullets express an all black beak and BCM cockerels will express a horn colored beak although this method is not 100% and depends on the line. Vent sexing is the most accurate way to sex day old chicks but you need to be experienced to perform this method so as to not harm the chicks.
Hi. ok thanks. I tried to vent sex them yesterday. I was very gentle. I think I might try again. I had a light up magnifying glass..but my eyes are not what they were at 30 LOL
All looked female. the 3 that looked suspicious I labelled male. But it was my first attempt. figured I may as well start now, not in 10 years... :D

agree with you my friend .
no point in sexing BCM chicks if we are not going to use vent sexing .
me personally I like my hatch to be 50% each balance hatch .equal chances on both sexes , for me both sex are important .

chooks man

Back
Top Bottom