International Black Copper Marans Thread - Breeding to the SOP

My cuckoo roosters have red colouring on their shanks. Its been there for months. Its not blood, so I didn't investigate further, but I am curious. I will try and get a photo for an opinion. They are wary of my camera.

you remind me of myself when I got my first roos. I was woried too. I have been told that red has to do with hormones.

Would you guys keep this hen or cull?Beautiful full hackle color BUT to me it is to light. More blonde then copper.
She is the one in the middle. I had both hens in the picture so you can see the difference in color. The one in front nice copper color.
the one in back more blonde.
55D5BF71-8E82-4E75-81D5-89F5BA218871.jpeg

Would you guys keep this hen or cull?Beautiful full hackle color BUT to me it is to light. More blonde then copper.
She is the one in the middle. I had both hens in the picture so you can see the difference in color. The one in front nice copper color.
View attachment 2490880

she is not a keeper . all her sons will have a golden hues in they hackles
chooks man

View attachment 2490880

if she turn p to be a dark eggs layer ,than breed her and keep only pullets from her . because she will not pass the golden hackle to them ,they get they color type from they sire .
hen only passes her gene color to her sons .
chooks man

great job my friend .from now on that how you take photos of your chooks .
I like him too . his back is a little shorter but he is not square type like I though before from the old photos .
his best asset are his complete body pattern and his priceless copper quality . nicely marked chest .
love his stand ,chest lifted from the ground and solid on his legs .
his weakest point are his comb .the whitish stuff on his ear lobe . not a big deal .he is free from any white .not sure about under fluffs . can you have a look please?

matted to hens with a long back and great combs ,he will throw some stunning and correct progeny for sure . he has all the good stuff .especially his sex linked genes ,are all perfect .that what he is going to pass to his pullets progeny . complete body pattern and correct copper too .

need some photos of the rest pullets line #2 what to see how they much up to this guy .
chooks man

His best assets are his complete body pattern, gorgeous copper color, rich redish-orange eyes and depth of breast. Paired with hens that have long, wide backs (make sure width extends from shoulder to tail) will help to lower tail angle in his progeny.

great job my friend .from now on that how you take photos of your chooks .
I like him too . his back is a little shorter but he is not square type like I though before from the old photos .
his best asset are his complete body pattern and his priceless copper quality . nicely marked chest .
love his stand ,chest lifted from the ground and solid on his legs .
his weakest point are his comb .the whitish stuff on his ear lobe . not a big deal .he is free from any white .not sure about under fluffs . can you have a look please?

matted to hens with a long back and great combs ,he will throw some stunning and correct progeny for sure . he has all the good stuff .especially his sex linked genes ,are all perfect .that what he is going to pass to his pullets progeny . complete body pattern and correct copper too .

need some photos of the rest pullets line #2 what to see how they much up to this guy .
chooks man
I believe the white on his ear is from frost bite. It was 0*f a few weeks ago and he had a rough time with it. Still has a couple black tips on his comb.

Back
Top Bottom