International Black Copper Marans Thread - Breeding to the SOP

Yes.
I am excited to see how they grow.
They are looking to be as I expected. Their sires were stunning except for all that white underfluff. That was the only real fault I could find with my novice eye.

I do notice at least one with vulture hocks growing in. It seems to go along with over feathered feet.

I was just a little disappointed with hatching so many cockerels but now I am glad. I will have a few to choose from.
yes vulture hocks are related to over feathering , it is a reason to keep some light feathering strain to balance the matting in the future .
chooks man

Yes.
I am excited to see how they grow.
They are looking to be as I expected. Their sires were stunning except for all that white underfluff. That was the only real fault I could find with my novice eye.

I do notice at least one with vulture hocks growing in. It seems to go along with over feathered feet.

I was just a little disappointed with hatching so many cockerels but now I am glad. I will have a few to choose from.
Could you please post a photo of vulture hocks? Does it just mean extra thick legs? I googled, but you know how google is. So much on there I can't trust.
Thanks

Could you please post a photo of vulture hocks? Does it just mean extra thick legs? I googled, but you know how google is. So much on there I can't trust.
Thanks
Vulture Hocks are long, straight, stiff downward-pointing feathers (somewhat similar to primary wing feathers) that grow from the lower part of the thighs. I believe someone previously posted pics of vulture hocks on this thread.

Thanks
I wish I still had pictures of my line #1 cockerels. Somewhere in this thread they are posted.

I can try to get pics of one of the chicks with suspected vulture hocks.

Vulture hocks.
20210303_174634.jpg
20210303_174628.jpg
20210303_175140.jpg
20210303_174624.jpg

Back
Top Bottom