International Black Copper Marans Thread - Breeding to the SOP

you are wrong my friend .he is walking .
one of my foundatrion selection trait is wide straight leg .and deep chest . for me any marans with close thin legs is out of my breeding programs .
here a photo of him walking toward a camera with his half bother .first one .
View attachment 2710085
hope you are satisfy now .

chooks man
Like I said it could be just the picture. It’s always tough to get the perfect picture.

I have I think 15 cockerels and I don’t like any right now.:th
I have this one that I am watching from the hatch but I am not excited for some reason
516462A0-FB64-4B49-8AD6-D8F8FA1EB4B2.jpeg
that is his sibling Pullet and you can see the Pullets size is nearly the same I am very excited the Pullets are getting bigger.

I have I think 15 cockerels and I don’t like any right now.:th
I have this one that I am watching from the hatch but I am not excited for some reason
View attachment 2710099
that is his sibling Pullet and you can see the Pullets size is nearly the same I am very excited the Pullets are getting bigger.

some line throw nice pullets but not cockerels .
better if the pullet are correct ,you can breed nice cockerel from them . specially if they are big .
all by breeding program are based on the hens not the roosters because of the sex linked genes .nice hen will always produce nice cockerels .

chooks man

some line throw nice pullets but not cockerels .
better if the pullet are correct ,you can breed nice cockerel from them . specially if they are big .
all by breeding program are based on the hens not the roosters because of the sex linked genes .nice hen will always produce nice cockerels .

chooks man
It is very fun now concentrating on one breed and working with them. Now I completely understand why it’s not as satisfying buying the perfect bird but much more rewarding working with your own birds seeing the growth and changes

It is very fun now concentrating on one breed and working with them. Now I completely understand why it’s not as satisfying buying the perfect bird but much more rewarding working with your own birds seeing the growth and changes

yes it is rewarding to breed your own line .knowing every thing about them .they strength and weakness . nice to build families as true breeder stock .breed true every time .
lot work and lot blood line need to be sorted out first .larger the genes pool ,better the breeding program with many different traits .

my chooks are very well documented , they parent ,gread parent and g/grand parent .the egg they hatched from ,photos of all they growing period ,every thing .I know every thing about every chooks in my farm ..I say every thing I mean every thing .

chooks man

Back
Top Bottom