International Black Copper Marans Thread - Breeding to the SOP

This is one of the young cockerels,
Really happy with the copper color. Had 6 and all had very nice Copper, no more yellow halo around the neck. You can see some other cockerels in the background,
I did not keep this one. I prefer my roos to have copper spotting on the chest and he did not.
I feel the copper chest spotting makes for a prettier bird
2F292F16-AD51-4B75-85CB-C6F5C34F427F.jpeg

the SOP call for the average of the 21 eggs laid by the pullet .because the know the eggs will be different from each other .after the first 2 months of laying you will see the eggs shape start to be uniform . they are lovely any way .
chooks man
I now know that the last long egg is from a different hen because I got another yesterday. Which hen I don't know but I am sure it's from a blcm. The confusion came from the fact I found it behind the feeder. So it could have been from the blcm hen I moved over. It is not. The eggs I have found so far have all been about the same shade color. The one that I moved over for sure layed that third egg I posted. The one that wasn't quite as round as the first 2 eggs or spotted. I have not gotten anymore exactly like the first two eggs to confirm.

Monique marans queen has ask me to send her half Dz fertile eggs from my solid black marans variety . what a great honeur .
I ;ot my solid Black rooster Black mamba ans his 3 son s when I was away .still have the mother hen Ravendale and her 2 daughtyer . it is a reason I got up her the dark cuckoo rooster .I m going to pen him to the Solid black hens ,half of his progeny will be solid Black and half will be dark cuckoo .
not sure yet if the hens are lating for the moment ., I ll give them a couple of weeks and see
Monique need the eggs end of march or first week of April ,not sure about that .
chooks man .
That is amazing news! I hope they survive the flight to France! How are the eggs going to survive? Will you have to fly them yourself to keep them in pressurized cargo? Will the elevation changes affect them? Crossing my fingers!

That is amazing news! I hope they survive the flight to France! How are the eggs going to survive? Will you have to fly them yourself to keep them in pressurized cargo? Will the elevation changes affect them? Crossing my fingers!
One of Monique relative is backpacking around oz for the moment he will be going home in a couples of months . I will ask Monique how I should pack them . She is used to send eggs over sea.
Chooks nan

This is one of the young cockerels,
Really happy with the copper color. Had 6 and all had very nice Copper, no more yellow halo around the neck. You can see some other cockerels in the background,
I did not keep this one. I prefer my roos to have copper spotting on the chest and he did not.
I feel the copper chest spotting makes for a prettier bird
View attachment 3404689
BCM rooster with lightly spitted chest has a balanced Autossomal Red genes .his daughters will always have a complete hackle marking .
The copper on your cockerels is uniform and stunning . bravo you have done great my dear friend . Great job got ready of the halo .
Chooks nan

BCM rooster with lightly spitted chest has a balanced Autossomal Red genes .his daughters will always have a complete hackle marking .
The copper on your cockerels is uniform and stunning . bravo you have done great my dear friend . Great job got ready of the halo .
Chooks nan
I really value your input. Thank you!
Yes my Pullets/hens have a full copper hackle I much prefer that over all blk hen with little markings. 7F16F3AF-C617-4DF0-B949-98CC280B3F22.jpeg 0ADB95C4-9071-4F3B-927D-9A6DBA68A28A.jpeg

I put my injured cockerel back in with the girls today. He went into the house and he could see the hen turkey in pen next to him. They started attacking each other through the wire. I moved her into a different pen so they can't see each other. He still looks awful from the first butt kicking he got a week ago. He seems to be doing ok with the girls.

Attachments

• 20230215_124037.jpg
    20230215_124037.jpg
    465.6 KB · Views: 3
I put my injured cockerel back in with the girls today. He went into the house and he could see the hen turkey in pen next to him. They started attacking each other through the wire. I moved her into a different pen so they can't see each other. He still looks awful from the first butt kicking he got a week ago. He seems to be doing ok with the girls.
she got him really bad . lucky he is recovering now and well with a girls
chooks man

Back
Top Bottom