Internship interview at state park...what the heck should I wear?!?

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by Kaitie09, Nov 19, 2012.

1. Kaitie09

Kaitie09 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2009
    South Central, PA
    I've been in the process of finding and internship for my spring semester. I've gone to several marketing agencies and business where I wore the typical suit and heels. Today, I discovered my local state park was looking for interns. I contacted the coordinator and set up a meeting with him tomorrow. Problem is, I have no idea what to wear. I was thinking a nice top, my best dark wash jeans, and a pair of black boots. I really don't think my dress pants would work well with the boots and if it is like any other interview I've been on, they're going to give me a tour (been to the location before, lots of stairs). I think this would be an amazing opportunity, as it is only 10 minutes from my home and will combine my love a nature with my marketing degree. I don't want to look too overdressed, but don't want to show up in a full business outfit for a place where the front desk woman wears jeans.

Any help would be appreciated!

2. Peaches Lee

Peaches Lee Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2010
    Pennsylvania
    A polo T-shirt, khaki pants, hiking boots?

3. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Katie.. i think what you suggested sounds fine! Just make sure everything is clean and and in new/good looking shape..
    And good luck! :)

4. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Well, it also depends on what your job there will be too...

5. justbugged

justbugged Head of the Night Crew for WA State

Jan 27, 2009
    Enumclaw
    Business casual. If you have a blazer jacket, I would wear it. It will dress up the jeans and boots.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by