Intervention

Quote:
Hey, that's less than half the weight of my Excursion!

*pshaw* That's practically a chicken tote!

LOL @ 2x4s every 18"?! LOL!!
gig.gif
..uh, I mean, HEY- That sounds really sturdy..!
big_smile.png

OK people. I'm about to load the toddler and go to Home Depot.
he.gif
MAKE ME STOP PLEASE before I come home with lumber & screws.

MAKE

ME

STOP

............I beg of you.............

(voice in my head: "resistance is futile")

Pick me up some hardware cloth while you're there ok pumpkin?

Quote:
Sure- I'll drop it at your house in, um, well.. looks like.. about 18 hrs....
big_smile.png

Yeah, and THANKS for the great intervention there, folks...

'Lotta good you addicts are! It's like coming to a rave to get off drugs....
lol.png

You wanted intevention from these people! Please, they're horrible enablers. They don't even have to do it intentionally. In less than one year, I went from a tractor for 2 silkies to a coop and run, with neverending need for improvements, and something like 18 chickens. Now I'm an enabler and give out free chicks, just so my silkies have something to do with themselves. I have over 4 dozen eggs in the fridge and I rarely even eat eggs! DH feels it's a sign of wealth to have overflowing egg cartons in the fridge. I continually look at new breeds/colors of chickens I want to add to the flock, which would be fine, but my chickens don't even live on my property. Therefore, my space is somewhat limited, but it doesn't stop me from wanting more.

Intervention? Look for that from concerned family, not BYC!!!!!!!!

How many coops does it take to get it right?

A one

A two

A three!

We're on coop #3, a breeder coop with 5 sections including runs and a chick pen along one wall. It's not done yet. It will never be done. We will continue to make improvements until the end of time or we move, whichever comes first. But I am loving it, and so are my birds!! And because I have mostly bantams I can fit twice as many
big_smile.png

We cheated on #3, though, and started with a repo 10x14 shed....
2952_100_6361.jpg

The 4x12 runs are 4x4's & 2x4's and totally covered on all external areas by hardware cloth (including ceiling). Fort Choox. Because these babies deserve to be safe!
2952_10-8-9_blues_2.jpg

2952_100_6478.jpg

2952_100_6604.jpg

Last edited:
Wegotchickens- Your chickens are BEAUTIFUL! Those blue birds are gorgeous- what are those? The picture with the hen and chicks are ADORABLE! <3 So cute!

We don't have the room for such an elaborate setup - Maybe some day.. Meanwhile, I'll just covet the 'real' setups on BYC!
smile.png
And we can't have roos where we are either, so no breeding for us (yet!)

In related news, I managed to resist Home Depot for another day! You guys helped just because I didn't want to leave the computer...
big_smile.png

Quote:
Um, talk about enabling here. So, tell me, just how many of what breeds do I order to get a egg basket like that every day? I need to make sure the coop, that is replacing the tractor for the five hens we just started with this year, will just "happen" to be big enough for these additions. Wow, those blue eggs show as a really blue tone.

Quote:
Thanks! The blue birds are d'Uccles, just a different version that the mille fleurs. They're really cute as chicks, too!
2952_11-3_blues_w_10-21_sis_edited.jpg

I'm grateful I have a backyard that's almost an acre and VERY understanding neighbors LOL.
DH didn't want us to have roos. He didn't want us to breed chickens at all. Now he's helped set up a perfect breeders coop. Eventually I will have a couple more colors of d'Uclles. I
love.gif
my little featherfeet! They are such eye candy.

Back
Top Bottom