intestines hanging out!!!!! need help

Minky

Crowing
6 Years
Nov 4, 2017
Ontario
all 4 chicks hatched today, unassisted but very gooey. lots of yoke everywhere.

washed them up and they still had some gunk, but it usually goes back in. I just checked on them and two have intestines coming out. I have gently tried to push back in, but it seems to hurt the chick??? and not really go in...
???
please help? should I try???

Attachments

• IMG_0015.JPG
    IMG_0015.JPG
    51 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_0017.JPG
    IMG_0017.JPG
    48.5 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_0018.JPG
    IMG_0018.JPG
    51.8 KB · Views: 34
I understand but you need to breathe and calm down. Also realize that it is 10:50 pm on the east coast, some people might be in bed. I would keep checking your other thread, good, smart people have been summoned. Give them time. Hugs to you

The problem here is that even if you manage to push the intestines back in, they have a high likelihood of turning septic. They've already been out of their bodies for a long time (I saw the other thread). The bacteria they've come in contact with will likely kill them. You could try and go to a vet for surgery, but they would have to dissect most of the intestines and even then there isn't a chance they would live. At this point there isn't much you can do. Please don't blame yourself. Sometimes chicks just aren't born right. I'm so sorry this happened.

Back
Top Bottom