Intro and Question About Bloody Stool/Cocci - help!

sdeedeec

Hatching
6 Years
Apr 18, 2013
Hello everyone, I am from Missouri and I grew up on a chicken farm loving chickens. After not having any for years and years I decided to jump back in and get some chicks. I have five baby chicks about three weeks old. I got them four days ago. I had been feeding them food I got from the farm where I purchased them and don't know whether it was medicated or not. Day before yesterday they ran out and I bought some medicated. Yesterday morning I noticed a couple of stools with blood in them. I got on the Internet to research this and came across this website and learned about cocci. Based on what I read on here, I went to the farm supply store and purchased Corid and put it in their water yesterday around noon. I didn't notice any more bloody stools and thought all was well. I changed their water last nite, using the water I had mixed up. Then I made a fresh batch this morning and gave it to them. I'm using one half teaspoon of 20 % Corid per gallon of water. A few hours ago I looked in on them again and there were more bloody stools, this time very watery and a lot more of them. I am extremely worried and don't know what to do. Any advice?

Thank you so much.

Sherry

Hi from Kansas, Sherry, and
welcome-byc.gif
! Great to have you here but sorry to hear about your sick chicks! My best advice is to post in the Emergencies link below. Good luck to you - hope you get some positive results.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/10/emergencies-diseases-injuries-and-cures

I was confused but posted there after I realized my mistake and did get a couple of responses. Thanks so much for the welcomes! Hopefully my babies will come thru this but they're tiny and sick and I'm worried :(

Back
Top Bottom