Intro, new chicken mom

Iheartcows66

Chirping
May 21, 2022
I first tried raising chicks in the backyard in ‘20, but neighbors protested and I had to sell them. We have land now, so we started again, with 15 chicks this time. I have questions, which is why I’m here!!

‘22 Chicks are Golden Star, Barred Rock, Easter Egger, Production Red, and Black Australorp. One that was supposed to be Aussie appears to be a frizzle.

I love interacting with and learning about chickens and of course I love eggs!

We currently have 36 acres and plan to homestead, growing vegetables and fruits and raising chickens, cows, and possibly a pig or two. We have a corgi and hope to teach her to herd chickens, as she is already amazing with them.

We also have 4 kids in college. Pray for us.

I first tried raising chicks in the backyard in ‘20, but neighbors protested and I had to sell them. We have land now, so we started again, with 15 chicks this time. I have questions, which is why I’m here!!

‘22 Chicks are Golden Star, Barred Rock, Easter Egger, Production Red, and Black Australorp. One that was supposed to be Aussie appears to be a frizzle.

I love interacting with and learning about chickens and of course I love eggs!

We currently have 36 acres and plan to homestead, growing vegetables and fruits and raising chickens, cows, and possibly a pig or two. We have a corgi and hope to teach her to herd chickens, as she is already amazing with them.

We also have 4 kids in college. Pray for us.
Oh bless your heart. It will be better this time, it was for me. I love having them and yes they are goofballs. I work with them ( feed them wet mash out my hand ) to help get them used to human touch.
I too love cows lived on a ranch 1st time around. Chickens are much easier to handle lol.
Ask anything of these folks here I have learned so much from this site.
Question how's the predator situation where you are. ? and what are you doing for prevention. So sad to see posts after people didn't prepare for them.
I am truly excited for you and your new found peace and freedom. It's hard work but very gratifying to have control over the food you produce and eat. There is also gardeners and preservers on this site.

Back
Top Bottom