Intro - New to chickens.

fishergirl25

Hatching
5 Years
Apr 22, 2014
Del Mar, CA
1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
Yes!! We are completely new to chickens. I always wanted to have them, and I have a 5 1/2 year old daughter who is loving this new experience. We first got the chickens 10 days ago (they are 11 days old)

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
We have 4 chickens.

(3) What breeds do you have?
We were told that they are blue laced barnevelders. But looks like 3 of them have brown/black feathers growing in. And one of them has gray/brown feathers. (I'm assuming this is the blue laced one?)

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com?
An employee from our local feed store told us about the website.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
Gardening, fishing, hiking, and enjoying what sunny southern california has to offer us.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
We have a 2 year old lab who still is very energetic and acts like a puppy. I'm hoping she won't terrorize the chickens when we move them outside. Any suggestions on getting the dog and chickens to get along would be appreciated. :)

Hi and welcome to BYC from northern Michigan
big_smile.png

The blue color in barnvelders is Andalusian blue, which means the lacing can be black, blue or a pale grey (splash). You could get more information on the Barnvelder thread, look in the Forum - Chicken Breeds - Breeds Genetics and Showing

images

Welcome to BYC!

So glad you could join our community!

Make yourself at home here on BYC. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. Welcome to our flock!

Back
Top Bottom